Thursday, December 23, 2004

Fashion over Function

I've got a cold. It seems to be going around - everyone seems to be sick right now. I just got back from the east coast and wasn't prepared for 'that' sort of cold - 10 degrees. I don't know if it's ever been 10 in SF.

And me, with my kitten-heeled mules...

Fashion over function used to be something i lived by - not sure that rule can be followed in NY in the winter. I'd much rather look cute than be warm - look put together than bulky and layered. I need to rethink my whole mode of fashion if i'm to move east. Hmmmm. I'm now looking at sweaters and scarves whereas i'd normally be looking at stilettos. Although I suppose I can't complain about owning more cashmere ;-)

I buckled - i bought a poncho - i promised i wouldn't but i buckled - i was in New Hampshire on business - and went to a mall - where there was really nothing much to buy - and it caught my eye. Black cashmere. A-line and off the shoulder. No annoying fringe or fettered open weave - it was simple and it sucked me in. So there i was - in the middle of this awful mall full of stores with names i've never heard - freezing - and i had to have it. HAD to HAVE it. I've worn it - albeit - a little sheepishly - and i kinda really dig it. What the hell - at least i didn't buy Uggs!

K

No comments: