Sunday, June 05, 2005

Summer Cold

I'm sick - have a bad cold. I've been resting since i got home on thursday from work. Friday was very busy (work-wise) but was spent on the couch working from a reclining position rather than at my kitchen table sans the distraction of the tv. Rich has been checking in on me every few hours - making sure i'm resting - drinking fluids - not sneaking out to be with friends - even though i'm incredibly tempted - not only is it gorgeous out - it's one of the biggest party weekends in SF. Dammit. I hate being sick in the summer - it's worse for some reason - when it's so beautiful outside and i can barely muster the strength to make it from my bed to the couch...I'd go relax on my roofdeck - but even that seems like too much effort right now.

Yesterday morning i was surprised with the most gorgeous bouquet of 2 dozen vibrantly colored roses - deep pinks - peaches - purples and salmon. Stunning. I have them on the coffee table next to me. They smell amazing. He's so sweet - even though he can't be here - he's 'here'.

I'm such a lucky girl.

I have to get my nails and toes done today - but right now - i think i'm going to go back to sleep. I have to rest more - i have to get better or i have to postpone my surgery again - and i can't do that - i want this over and done with. So - rest it is...

More later - K

No comments: