Saturday, January 01, 2005

New Year

Yesterday was the last day of 2004. It was an incredible year - on so many levels. It was also an incredibly difficult year. The first half of the year was so hard - but the truly incredible latter half of the year has made those hard times seem so very very distant.

In July, i started with my new job - global client strategy for a software company. I've never been happier - more challenged - or more fulfilled.
In August, my second nephew was born - he's so amazing - such a smart little monkey.
In September, i met my boyfriend - Rich - who lives in New York.
In October, i celebrated with my family the 4th birthday of my nephew Sam and the birthday of my darling and beautiful sister - who turned 38
In November, i spent 5 days in New York with Rich - truly - one of the most amazing times i've ever spent.
In December, i again went to New York and spent 5 days with Rich - went to countless holiday parties - spent Christmas with my family - and New Year's with my dearest friends at Rex's - dining drinking and dancing until the wee hours of the morning.

I owe much of my happiness to Rich. He has given me the ability to believe. He has a way about him - an easiness - a calming presence. I've never felt more at home with anyone than i have him and i can't believe the luck - my luck - to have this man in my life. He thrills me.

I suppose i should make a list of resolutions - things i want to improve/change about myself.

1. Go to the gym consistently (ha - every year this makes (and tops) the list)

2. Spend more time with my family

3. Spend more time with Rich

4. French classes - take the conversational french class - become fluent again

5. Learn to knit

6. Spend less frivolously

7. Be more selfish

I can't think of any more at this time - and while some of those are can't necessarily be considered 'resolutions' - they are things i want to work on.

2005 is going to be an amazing year.

No comments: